Employment Opportunities at Presto Absorbent Products, Inc.
Become part of a GROWING organization. PRESTO ABSORBENT PRODUCTS, INC., a subsidiary of National Presto Industries, is a manufacturer and distributor of adult briefs and other related products.
|Position Title: Maintenance Group Leader – Electrical focus||Date: May 1, 2016|
|Department: Maintenance||Reports to: Maintenance Manager|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate that safety is priority #1 through daily actions and by following safety regulations.
- Lead, coach, correct, develop and provide recognition to maintenance employees
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of electrical maintenance including machine electrical design, motor control, discrete and analog sensors and devices, machine troubleshooting and repair, PLC and HMI programming, and leadership in a team environment.
- Provide technical guidance and assist with maintenance related items for the production equipment.
- Empower maintenance employees to do the work. Direct and assist with requirements in support of the maintenance team goals and overall company objectives
- Document and train maintenance department employees on processes, procedures, job instructions, trouble shooting and other training related materials.
- Master and apply methods used to maintain continuous improvement. Must continuously monitor the work area for improvements and encourage the people to challenge themselves with continuous improvement as an everyday objective. Provide developmental feedback to maintenance employees.
- Fill in for or plan coverage for absences as needed.
- Attend direction setting meetings, direct the work of maintenance employees, follow up on any issues from the previous shift.
- Provide daily status reports and report potential production stoppages to Maintenance Manager
- Support engineering projects, retrofits and installations
- Any other duties as requested by Department Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Preferred: Associates degree or higher in electrical maintenance field
- Must have at least 5-year experience in production maintenance field.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must model PAPI Core Values: Safety, Respect, and Ownership.
- Able to set priorities and handle requests regarding maintenance team activities.
- Knowledgeable about the materials, machines, tools and production process.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Technical knowledge of each maintenance dept. operations
- Able to provide leadership to maintenance dept members
- Able to fill in for a team member as needed to avoid disruption of work.
- Able to plan and execute goals.
- Must have computer skills as applicable to maintenance projects in the manufacturing field.
- Must have good oral and written skills and perform basic mathematical skills.
- Able to flex and adapt
- Able to work independently as well as on teams
- SME regarding electrical problem solving.
- Willingness and desire to lead the maintenance team in a positive and motivating continuous improvement environment.
- Able to effectively coach, correct, recognize employees
- Identify team member skills gaps and solutions to close gaps,
- Teach and coach team members on technical competencies to ensure that training objectives are met.
- Facilitate cross training and knowledge sharing to enhance the skills of all department members, including designing and delivering training.
- General Safety
- Quality Systems
- New Hire Orientation
- Position-specific basic training
- See separate document
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Hearing protection, safety glasses and safety shoes must be worn at all times
- Cut resistant gloves when using cutting tools
- Wear task-specific PPE as needed
- Work is performed in an industrial environment.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
If you wish to apply, please fill out the following application and drop off or send resume to:
Presto Absorbent Products, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
3925 N. Hastings Way
Eau Claire, WI 54703
Or email: email@example.com
PRESTO ABSORBENT PRODUCTS, INC. currently has the following opportunities in Eau Claire, WI: